NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1 GB COMPATIBILITY?

HI there :slight_smile:

I’m running a trial version of 2020.2 on mac (specs attached below).
As I’m not entitled (yet) to technical support I would appreciate some feedback on how to resolve what seems to be my Graphics card, not supported by the latest versions of sketchup?
I’m having a lot of bug splats - the latest, when I tried to temporarily change my display resolution to high in Layout (my usual settings attached)

My trial version expires in 3 days and I need to know if this is going to an ongoing issue …

Ps. I had several issues with SKALP on my 2019 version with less on 2020 but lines running across the screen / generated at certain section planes, and does not appear on the PDF export, might also have been associated with some conflict with my Graphics card?

Thank you in advance for any possible solutions / feedback

Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 10.59.41

Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 11.13.55

I am not familiar with current Macs but it is not SketchUp that doesn’t support your Nvidia card but recent versions of the Mac operating system. But according to your screenshots it should be working. I don’t know if SketchUp 2020 has issues with older MacOS versions.
I wonder if the “High” display resolution in LayOut consumes a lot of display memory. I always use “Low” for display and “High” for output.
Have you tried running with all extensions disabled?
Have you sent in the bugsplats?

Thank you for the reply Anssi!

I have sent in the bugsplats. I think you’re correct with Mac’s newer OS being the issue. I will def do the low res on display. I will also try disabling extensions - it just feels like such a mission to find a possible culprit (if any) by a process of elimination when you’re on a deadline :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the feedback, appreciate!

There are some issues that can happen because of the antialiasing settings. Try that on 0x.

Thanks Colin!

Will do

I have two Macbook Pros with NVIDIA cards: GT650M and GT750M. The first on Sierra and the second on High Sierra. I don’t think they’re the source of any problems at the moment. IIRC, the built-in NVDIA cards from Apple have support through Mojave, but not sure what happens on Catalina. One more reason to hang back on Mojave as long as possible.
Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 2.12.38 PM

@ RTCool

Thanks Robert. I saw your at CT which at first glance, I though is “Cape Town” South Africa, where i’m at. It’s really a mission to find someone in SA that actually uses Sketchup to its full potential ie an office that is not stuck on Revit which simply does not resonate with my workflow. Anyway it’s refreshing to have the support on a forum like this. I’m currently working on a project in the states and what a wonderful learning curve its been. Your imperial ‘fractal’ and 'calling that which is not, as if it is" ie 2 x 4 not relating to any inherent attribute is well … something :slight_smile:

1 Like