I would like to better understand what was happening when I created this sheet of T1–11 siding to sheath a shed. I put in the first groove and then used move–copy to create the rest. I expected the resulting grooves to be identical to the original one. Although the grooves were copied, faces were created at the top, bottom, and front of the grooves. I had to go in and delete the lines at the top and bottom edges of the grooves so they would appear in the siding. I’m confused about the result of the move–copy operation since if I simply move the groove, it appears exactly as it was created.
T1-11 siding.skp (24.0 KB)