No layers on mac

can anyone please tell me why there’s no Layers on Mac Sketch up pro 2020 ???
I can’t find it anywhere?
and it’s not on windows
Thank you

Because it was renamed “tags”. Otherwise it is the same as layers were pre-2020.

That’s not really a bad thing, as the different behavior of SketchUp’s “layers” caused no end of confusion for people coming to it from other software with “layers”. Having no preconception of what they should do leaves people to learn correctly what they really do.

2 Likes

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!! BIG BIG THANK YOU!!! XXX

‫בתאריך יום ג׳, 2 בפבר׳ 2021 ב-15:53 מאת ‪Steve Baumgartner via SketchUp Forum‬‏ <‪sketchup@discoursemail.com‬‏>:‬

Really they should be reading the release notes or the fanfare email / blog post from Trimble announcing the latest version

1 Like

Plus, in the past we had to handle multiple questions per week from users who thought layers should behave the same as in 2D apps. Answering “where did the layers go?” is a lot easier!

1 Like

There is no difference between AutoCad layers and SketchUp tags except that the former have more options. And SketchUp tags become layers when you export to any other application. I can live with tags but I still think there was no need to the change.

3 Likes