My Sketchup file won’t open. Error message appears: “This model does not appear to be from Sketchup.”

I’m encountering an issue whenever I try to open a .skp file in SketchUp. I receive the following error message: “This does not appear to be a SketchUp model!”

Could you please help me resolve this issue? Thank you!

What version of SketchUp are you really using? The file was made in SketchUp 2022.0.16. Not SketchUp Go as your profile says.

Your file opened for me in SketchUp 2024. Maybe you need to update to SketchUp 2024. You are hoarding a lot of unused stuff.
Screenshot - 7_2_2024 , 4_34_05 PM
There are quite a lot of excessively large texture images, too.

Even after the cleanup it’s more than 100Mb.

I understand the online versions of SketchUp (Free and Go) have a file size limit of 100 MB.

Also I think webGL apps might have a 2GB memory limit and many SketchUp files will quickly exceed this

I am trying to open a file that was sent to me, I have not made this project on my SketchUp Go but I need to open it to see what’s inside.

I expect it’s not opening because it is too large. I guess either get the author to reduce its size so you can open it in the web version or upgrade to SketchUp Pro so you can use the desktop version.

Thank you