Move tool: Trying to move something I have made and other things moving with it

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please help me? I am trying to move something on SketchUp Make 2017 and it is moving other things with it. I don’t have those other things selected so I’m not sure how to stop this from happening. I am quite new to SketchUp so any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Geometry in Sketchup is sticky, so when it is ‘loose’ or ‘raw’ it sticks to everything it touches.
To isolate certain parts you need to select them and Group(or Component) them. This is best done as you work so that all your relevant pieces are separated from each other.
So, in your image, if you have the entire kitchen unit selected, right click and Make Group. This will wrap that up as one piece that you can move around without it sticking to anything. You can still edit the group by double click to open it for editing.
Read up on how to use Groups and Components in the help files.

Thank you so much! You have just saved me so much time! I really appreciate your help!

:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.