Measurement tool

I am new to this forum and I am not sure were to ask this question but I would like to know if there is a way to change the way that sketchup displays the measurement in the lower right corner of the screen, something that is exact on the length of the line. I do a lot of odd lengths and mostly in decimal and most times I forget the length of the line so when I go back to check it the measurement box shows a squiggly line showing an approximation not an exact. Is there a setting that can be changed or plugin that I can use to show the exact dimension of the line or radius?

Thanks.

Go to the top menu, Window/Model info/Units and adjust the type of measurements and the precision.

1 Like

The ‘Entity Info’ window displays this information already. (see: >Window >Entity Info). . . but it also goes a step further, and in the case of arcs, and circles, you can edit the value shown and your input will override the original size. An arc with a radius of say 10", can be changed to 15", or whatever else you’d like. and in a similar fashion you can also change the segment count in a neighboring text box (which will appear whenever an arc/circle is selected.

it’s been a while since I have been on the forum and now for some reason I can’t figure out how to start a new post so I am replying to an older post. Will you please help on this subject?

I also have a question about a model that I have working on and I would like to know how to something that I’m not sure how to explain. The model is of an airplane and what you can see is the structure or the skeleton. What I would like to do is cover it, or at least that is the best way I can think of to explain it and unfortunately I didn’t prepare the file to up load so you can look at it to understand what I am talking about. I can get it, if I can figure out how to attach it to the post.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Click on the upload button to send a file with your post. Locate the file in your directory and dbl click it.

This solution works! Many thanks!