Layout - Pixelated Image - Macbook with Touch Bar

Hello

I am having an issue in Layout where everything is pixelated. I used to have SketchUp/Layout 2016 on a previous computer and never had an issue with rendering in Layout as I always left it on Auto/Hybrid and got good results.

Please reference the below pictures to see the issue that I am having. The model looks fine in SketchUp but when I send or insert it in Layout I get the pixel issue. I have tried Hybrid and Raster without any difference. When I go to Vector, it crashes Layout. I have sent in the bugsplat report.

Hybrid gives me clean lines but it still shows that weird tearing at the edge of the models. I have the Line Weight at 0.10 and the style set to in model style.

Any help would be appreciated. Here is some system info:

MacbookPro 15"(2017) with touch bar
2.9GHz Intel Core i7
16gb 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 560 4096mb

SketchUp 2017 v17.3.116
Layout 2017 v17.3.116

try v18, it has a lot of rendering fixes…

john

Try and export as a vector instead, it might take bit longer process but the lines will always be sharp. Also export as a ideally PDF or at least a png. You could consider increasing you paper size and working at a larger scale to get more model detail, I normally work at around 1:200, 1:100 on A2 or A1 depending.

Hope this helps.

John

Thanks, upgrading to 2018 fixed it.

Whats funny is I purchased a new license yesterday morning and apparently downloaded the 2017 version and not 2018.

Thanks for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.