It is very difficult to get an inference from an endpoint

I have to get extremely close to an endpoint to get the inference. Is there some way to adjust the inference sensitivity? For example, does it pick an inference by how many pixels you are away from an inference point?

I am working on a Dell XPS 15 laptop with 3840x2160 pixel screen resolution. So the distance in pixels might not be a lot, but on a 14” screen it is very little distance for the mouse.

Using SU 2016 Pro

I think you need to be 10 or 12 px within a point with the mouse to snap to it. Newer SU versions scales this up on high DPI displays making snapping easier.

That would definitely explain the problem. On a screen with roughly 300 pixels/inch that would be about 1/32" which is hard to hit with the mouse. I’m using Sketchup 2016 Pro. That version doesn’t have the option to scale up for a high DPI display?

I’m not using a high DPI display myself and don’t know for sure but I think a lot was done in SU2017 and that it was polished even more in 2018. I think SU2018 still has a 30 day trial in case you want to try it out yourself.

Correct. There are still some limitations (e.g. don’t scale the display by more than 150%) but starting with 2017 they have been step-by-step improving SketchUp’s behavior on high DPI displays. Prior to that it can be pretty miserable!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.