Instructions

How do I edit measurements in SketchUp Free? I listened and read tutorials and found no instruction regarding this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

What kind of measurements are you trying to edit? Show us some screen shots or better, share the Sketchup file with us so we can see.

Rich N2KPR 73/88

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic mail message and any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain legally privileged, confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply to sender immediately and delete the original message from your system.

Show message history

Sorry, it’s not clear from that screenshot just what you are trying to edit or how.

I don’t know how much prior experience with SketchUp you have, but perhaps you are falling into a common newbie misunderstanding. SketchUp is not a parametric modeler. You can enter the required dimensions while a rectangle is being drawn and can change them until you “commit” by clicking elsewhere or activating another tool. But at that point the original parameters are retained only in terms of the edges and faces that were drawn. There is no “rectangle object” whose parameters you can change. More typing provides inputs for whatever else you start to draw, but the previous is no longer available for input. Instead, you have to activate one of the editing tools, such as move or scale, and manipulate the edges and faces as such.

edit%20rectangle

Its been a long time since I used SketchUp. So yes I am essentially a newbie. Thanks Steve and Dave.

Rich N2KPR 73/88

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic mail message and any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain legally privileged, confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply to sender immediately and delete the original message from your system.

Show message history

So did Steve answer your question?

By the way, if you’re going to answer via e-mail, please disable your signature text before sending.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.