Improvement request: Make the order of the Standard Views on the Toolbar match the order of the corresponding shortcuts for switching them

Currently, for some reason, the order of the Standard View items on the Toolbar does not match the order of the shortcuts for switching views. This mismatch creates confusion when using the toolbar icons and their corresponding shortcuts.

Toolbar:
Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 19.33.34

Shortcuts:
Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 19.40.24

Please reorder the Standard View items on the Toolbar to match the order of the corresponding shortcuts.

After rearranging, the toolbar items should appear as follows:

fixed toolbar view items

2 Likes

that’s a great edit

1 Like

I don’t know what the reason is for the order, but it is the same in all versions of SketchUp, including on Windows.

Could you consider fixing it, regardless of the reason? It shouldn’t be a big problem.

1 Like

I have asked the head of the right team to take a look at the problem.

3 Likes

You can rearrange it in Windows - whatever order you want. I don’t know how it is on Mac…
(I’m demoing on the SU 2021, but it’s similar for all versions)
tbreorder

EDIT:
Mac should have tool rearrangement ability according to the help pages here : Toolbars | SketchUp Help

Select what tools appear on a toolbar – If you only want to see specific tools, or want the tools to appear in a specific order on a toolbar, these options have you covered. Select Customize Toolbar from the View menu or that toolbar’s context menu to see all of your tool options laid out for you.

To add a tool drag it to the toolbar. Remove tools by dragging them off of the toolbar. Wherever you place a tool is how it will appear after you exit the customization screen.

1 Like

well, yes but not in this case.

the mac toolbar allows you to move any icon wherever you want, but there is a catch.
2 icons are small toolbars : the views and the styles

2 Likes

One thing I have pushed for is that on Windows the views don’t have shortcuts by default, and so the buttons not matching the menu is less important. You can add Ctrl-1 to -7 to match the Mac settings, at least on a US keyboard. Then the order being 1-7, left to right, could be made to match.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this to my attention @colin, and thank you @brumby0890 for posting this. The inability to customize is definitely an issue on Mac, and we’re gearing up to resolve this in the near future. In the meantime, I can submit this as a fix in our system.

If you’re interested in kicking the tires on our new Mac client (coming soon to Private Labs), please let me know! We’re looking for Mac users to provide input.

2 Likes