Importing highest resolution with PDF files?

Hello,
Isn’t there a setting for importing PDFs into SU that increases the resolution and image quality?
I’ve searched previous posts and couldn’t find anything, but I remember there was a response about settings that improved the image quality. I should have written those instructions!
Thanks

There is a setting to use maximum resolution for imported graphics which will help a lot. Remember, you’re limited to about 4,000 pixels so no bother going past that.

1 Like

Thanks - I found a solution from Dave on my old post :

The first thing to do is as Dave mentioned: set SU to use Maximum texture size (Preferences > OpenGL), which is 2048 x 2048 image resolution. Beyond that, if necessary, you can split your image into pieces in a bitmap editor, bring them in separately, and assemble the pieces in SU.

You might give Large Image Splitter a try and see if that helps. I’m not sure if it works with imported PDFs but I think it will.

1 Like

I was testing something the other day, and found that very high resolution images are limited to perhaps 2028x2048 on iPad. The maximum texture size setting will be an easy fix for computers, but if there is a chance you need to see the same thing on iPad, the image splitter Dave mentioned does work for that case too.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I will download the Image Splitter.

In my version of the software it is double that at 4096 x 4096 px.