Import Custom Texture Library

I have just upgraded to Sketchup 2015. And realized that none of my custom material libraries are loaded from 2014. How do you bring them over?

If your Materials [SKM files in subfolders] are in a user folder location either link that in the Materials Browser itself, OR copy it across into the main Materials folder for that SUp version…
What OS ?

I appreciate the time you’ll take to give me a hand… I’m on MAC OS X
I have created custom sub menus within the materials browser i.e. marble tiles… these have textures that I have patiently created and imported as new textures in ketchup 14.
I can’t seem to figure the location in the HD where these textures are stored in order to copy paste them into SU15

I’m no MAC expert, others might be more help…
But here goes…

Open the earlier SUp version and try this in the Ruby Console:

Sketchup.find_support_file “Materials”

It should give the path to the main Materials folder.
Copy that and paste it in the Finder to open that folder.
If it contains the folders of SKM files you crave, then use the same code snippet in the new version of SUp.
You can now copy paste between the folders ?

many thanks for following up.
the ruby console gave me this:
/Users/ricardocavenecia/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2014/SketchUp/Materials
however, pasting that into the finder gave me nothing. Weird thing is that the actual line that gets me into SU’s folder is: Macintosh HD ▸ Library ▸ Application Support ▸ SketchUp 2014 ▸ SketchUp
And the only thing in there is the plugins folder.

I think trimble should provide the ability to migrate your complete environment into a new version. I don’t see a tangible difference in the new version to make me take the step. I’ll just stick with 14 for now.

many thanks for all!

1 Like

Did you find a fix to migrate materials? I can’t find the component files either. Some how they are hidden. I looked in Preferences to see where they were files were stored and the path does not exist.

I have built component folders I can get to now, but have not found materials to move.

[quote=“TIG, post:4, topic:3493”]
Sketchup.find_support_file “Materials”
[/quote] Did you try:

Sketchup.find_support_file “Components”

To at least fin d the default Components folder ?
Just change the word in the “” to suit Styles, Materials, Components, Plugins etc…

On PC the materials are in the same folder as where the program itself is installed.

Odd after 2.5K views that this went unanswered?