I can see only back faces!

There have been multiple reports of this problem with the 6800. In one case the user switched back to an Nvidia card in the same computer and then the model displayed just fine. So definitely an issue that AMD must fix, not SketchUp.

Yeah I just reported the bug to AMD, I hope they could fix this soonā€¦ I canā€™t work properly :sob:

yes this is problem with all new amd cards , weak drivers at the start
my only hope is , 6900 series cards comming to show soon , so maybe we are some kind of beta testers and maybe they just will update drivers to newer version but what i found untill this day
all open gl extensions in todays drivers are tuned only for 5700XT series ā€¦ :joy:

yeah , btw i have two monitors and there was a problem , preference window just jump onto second display but outside of that frame , so i just allowed only one monitor and BAM ! my pref window just appear on right place ā€¦

Sounds like enough problems with your graphics card to make me happy that Iā€™m sticking with Nvidia graphics cards. Thanks for confirming my decision. :wink:

look that pref window ā€œproblemā€ was just an exercise how to stay tuned .

real problem is that drivers ā€¦i am running nvidia 1080ti for now and my new amd RX 6800 just sitting in the corner and cry , but i am seeing big future for amd cards / fingers crossed/

ok guys new drivers was relesead yesterday !

hi amd just released new drivers

guys did you try that new amd drivers yet ?

Did you?

nope i just dont want change video card for nothing thats why i am asking ā€¦

yeah, but sadly it still did not fix the problemā€¦

hmm thats bad ā€¦

Iā€™m in this boat as well- same, same problems w/ SketchUp. Just built my new workstation w/ all AMD- 5900x CPU & 6800 GPU- SketchUp is critical for my workflow, and I spent all of my energy obtaining a 6800- now its dead weight. Extremely frustrating as latest driver update didnā€™t fix issue, and AMD tech dept. still hasnā€™t responded- Unfortunate circumstance as obviously I canā€™t just go out and grab a Nvidia RTX w/o being robbed.

well this is so sad , if you can just grab any nvidia 1080ti from second hand and you will be ok
i am doing like so and waiting for drivers which will work with opengl applications , i hope amd did not grave this support for good

FYI: Just installed the latest version 20.12.1 sadly the problem is still there.

Is there any update on this issue?

well i am in contact with sketchup support stuff but till this time no real progress ā€¦

btw , tech stuff send me a link for save , link supposed to contain some script for sketchup register change but unfortunately is dead ā€¦maybe some1 has that script i dont know if this is the name of the script but maybe yes ā€¦ WorkaroundMaxSolidLineWidth.reg but link is not working for me /i save it like he said ā€œsave linkā€ onto my hdd but there was only html of trimble site when i double clicked on it.

It was me in SketchUp support that replied to your reseller. I was thinking more about whether anyone here had heard more from AMD.

ok
and can i ask for that script , to try it ?