How to precisely scale an image in Layout

Are you using your system’s decimal sign?

I’m having a similar problem. When I scale through sketchup there is an image downgrade somehow. Even when I export and change the layout settings to high quality, the image is fuzzier (with the scaled sketchup image) than if I just import it in layout. I’d like to keep the same quality, so I’m trying to import and scale the background image directly in layout and be sure its 100% accurate. Is there an easy way to do this?

What version of SketchUp/LayOut? Please complete your profile.

One option, if you know the distance between two points would be to make a Scaled Drawing of a line, align it with the image and then scale the image to suit. That is if you are using a version that has Scaled Drawing.

I’m on 2021 sketchup and layout. I think I got it from the advice above. I scaled the image in sketchup. Then drew a rectangle from one corner to the other. Then I brought that into layout and scaled it. Then I imported the exact same image DIRECTLY into layout and used object snap to line up the image to the viewport. I snapped the top left and bottom right corners. Then I deleted the sketchup viewport and kept the image, which is much higher quality on export.

Please put that in your profile. That information helps us help you.

That’s a method you can use although it seems like more work than you should have to do. No matter if it works for you.

The “invalid string” message seems to appear when typing the scale factor while still holding the mouse.

As suggested above, letting go then typing the scale works great.