How to draw lines with irrational lengths and rounding edges

Hello,
I would like to draw a line (and generally work) with a irrational length, like sqrt(2) or etc. Is it even possible?
For example - now I am trying to round this edge and I know that I need to have 4 mm thickness in the narrowest spot (see img). This was everytime pain to me to do something like this, commonly I was doing it like “eh this look good, lets connect the ends to the surface and it will somehow works” (I am (trying to make :D) making models for 3D print, so minor errors and imperfections are not an obstacle). Now I know where have the ends of e.g. 2 arc function but I don’t know how to measure it and ,deposit".

Thank you for response!
Potkan

Generally I would like to draw a circle while I know the distance between A and B on picture bellow.

One rather simple way is to use the ‘Tape Measure’ tool inside a group.
Isolate (or copy to the side) the relevant edges (both legs), the circle, etc. of the current situation to have them in a separate group. Now inside the group measure the distance A-B and type 4 and answer the question about resizing the active group or component with yes.

Something like this:

You now have the correct arc to replace the former one.

2 Likes

with 1001bit Standard

Thanks, it works :blush: Finally I can do this rounding precisely and normally :smiley:

I am not sure if it is possible to add extensions to Free online Sketchup, but even so thank you for response.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.