How to draw curves question?

Hi gang, I have attached a pic of a table where I would like to recreate a leg similar to this picture attached. I was just wondering what maybe the best way to go about this? I could probably fudge my way through it but I feel there maybe easier ways to do it and BETTER! than the way I would attempt it :slight_smile:

Thanks alot!!

Jay

Just give it a go yourself and see how it goes. You might learn more than just copying someone else’s method. If you get stuck you’ll have something to show you’ve tried.

When I need to draw curves like that, I use Fredo6’s Bezier Spline extension. Usually I’ll use it to draw a Bezier Curve. Easiest to start with a large rectangle to draw the curves on to keep them on plane. The curves are probably not arcs so an Arc tool won’t be the ticket.

I’ve drawn a number of pedestal tables but apparently none with simple legs like that. Closest I could find is this Shaker candle stand.

or a pie crust table

2 Likes

Draw two, ‘two point’ arc’s on a flat place/surface closing both ends with straight lines. Delete the geometry you dont need then use the push/pull tool to raise it to a solid leg.

If you wan’t to go further use a round corner plugin on the edges to make them less sharp.

Thank you guys!! Much appreciated!!

Jay

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.