How to delete a face?

Your rectangles are not flat (there is a 1.84 mm difference in height between the ends of the large rectangle). faces will only intersect and cut each other if they are perfectly aligned. I would recommend re-drawing the first rectangle and be careful to keep it perfectly flat.

How is is possible they are not flat? It does not make any sense. I created it with Rectangle tool. It is not possible to draw non flat rectangle with rectangle tool.

Or how to draw perfectly flat rectangle?

I’m not sure what happened, but I drew a line along the green axis from one end of the large rectangle to the other. The end was just under 2 mm above the end of the rectangle.

Like Denis said, I would spend a little time reviewing inferencing and guides…

I am assuming that you traced that image at the bottom of your model (the one with the grid on top if it). That is actually not flat, either. The rectangle tool will let you snap out of plane if you snap to points.

2 Likes

When I duplicate the rectangle, scale the duplicate and then sitting it back on the original rectangle, what text should be displayed?

• Constrained on Line Intersect Plane
    or
  • Constrained on Line From Point
    or
  • From Point
    or something else?

Try using the offset tool.

1 Like

Confusion over the use of the word “flat”. He really meant “not level” or “not parallel to the red-green plane”, rather than “non-planar”. As you say, the rectangle tool always produces a planar rectangle. But if you are not careful enough while drawing, the rectangle might not be “level”.

2 Likes

I cannot find the measurement toolbar. There is only bar on the bottom but no icons in it. I don’t have these icons as shown in the video. There is Construction bar. I use Sketchup 8. Is extension?

It’s the normal measurement box in the bottom corner of your screen, I simply moved it to a toolbar so you could see it.
All the other tools are basic SU tools. They may look slightly different in the old version but all I used was Rectangle, Pushpull, Offset and Scale.

OK, I cleared the objects and with the measurement of the runway grid, I will create new rectangle.

What I am missing in Sketchup is something in the way of these 3 axis but called planes. Red, green, blue plane, where I could draw into it forced into 2D drawing until the plane is enabled/displayed. So while drawing near plane it would fit to the plane exactly…
I hope developers could do this feature. This would help a lot to newbies.

I got it. I used the offset tool. This is much more easier than I did. When I cleared all and did it again, it again did not work with the dupliacation and I am sure I was precise. But this method with offset works correctly. Thanks!

1 Like