How to create a roadway using elevation values

I am a GIS Technician, new to Sketchup, I would like to know how to create a roadway in Sketchup Pro using a shapefile which is a survey points data with elevations in meters.

The topographic data is georeferenced and has XYZ values for each point surveyed at an equal interval of 5 meters (vertical) and at 3 cross section locations horizotally at an equal distance of 3.5 meters on the road.

The resulting 3D model should respect these values at specified locations. Thanking you in advance.

hello, once you imported your points in sketchup, select them all and run Tig’s triangulate plugin :

SketchUp Plugins | PluginStore | SketchUcation

1 Like

Hello, Thank you for your response. Sorry for my late reply

After some struggle, i managed to use TIG plugin but the result needs to be smoothened.

I need to also make sure if the imported data is georeferenced and
I don’t know how to check if the points are placed at correct altitude. I am still searching.
Thanking you.

Window>New Tray>Soften+Smooth>OK

Bring the new tray up, select the geometry to be softened and select “Soften coplanar”.
You can then use the sliders to adjust the smoothness.

Please correct your forum profile. It says your OS is “2019”, that is your SketchUp version. By the looks of things, you’re using Windows.

You should check out learn.sketchup.com

1 Like

Thank you for the smoothening option.

And, I did not pay attention to my profile details. just modified now. Thanks for the learning link aswell.

Not a problem.

Thanks, should you ever need help in the future that will significantly speed the process up.

No worries. That is managed by the SketchUp team and they upload new tracks frequently.

1 Like