How to correct - yellow triangle with black exclamation mark message in layout -

opened layout file and several pages had a yellow triangle with black exclamation mark in the location where sketch up image had been. Image was gone, all the arrows were going off to side of frame.
How do I go back to previous file. typical backups still have same problem.

Thanks
Steve

Can you share the LO file?

The typical cause for this is that you modified the camera position for the viewport after inserting the SketchUp file into LO. And then you edited the SKP file which resulted in the camera position being changed again. I’d also guess you are using the Last saved Sketchup view for the scene of the viewport. If you are and you edit the SketchUp model but don’t leave the camera in the exact same location, it’ll appear that the model has moved and your leaders and dimensions will become distorted. Seeing the LayOut file will help a great deal.

Hi DaveR, thanks for your message earlier re: dims on 3D.
On the above topic, I’m experiencing the same. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong today. I always right click on a viewport and select ‘Update Model reference’ and also ‘relink’ but it’s not doing anything and the warning sign won’t go away on any viewport. I have unlinked, relinked the file a few times via the File/Document setup but it does not resolve the issue. I’m puzzled, in 5 years I’ve never had this one before… your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Do you have Auto render turned off in the SletchUp Model panel? If so the viewports won’t update and the yellow triangle will remain.

Wonderful DaveR! Mandy thanks. You are always so helpful and thank you for replying so promptly!

1 Like