How to charge for an extension?

I’m trying to create a new extension with price - however there is no way to put it while uploading the extension. There is just “Trial license” box, which is empty. I know you need to click the “I want to charge for my extension” button, but that didn’t change anything. Do I need to wait for my account to be activated or something?

Best regards,
Maciej Fijalkowski

1 Like

Have you signed up to be a vendor? There’s some paperwork stuff for that.

I’ve signed up to be developer. How do I sign up to be a vendor instead?

In Ectension Warehouse you can open the dropdown menu and go to My Account > Developer Info and tick the I am planning to sell extensions checkbox at the bottom of the form. Then someone at Trimble should contact you.

It’s odd though you get an option to set up a trial period when you can’t make paid extension.

ok, so the answer is “wait for someone to contact me”. This is completely not clear, since the checkbox just says “saved”. Thanks for the answer, some improvements in the UI would make it more clear what’s going on (like saying somewhere “your application is pending” as opposed to not showing you options that should be there)

Yea, this interface could be improved. The Add Extension form could show all inputs for paid extensions but disabled and have a link to an article describing how to become a vendor.

So it has been two weeks by now… how do I check that this is in the pipeline and someone will actually contact me or got lost in the system? Maybe I should apply for a new developer profile?

@tt_su, @ChrisFullmer, could any of you look into this?

1 Like

Hello everyone.

I’m bumping this topic so it’s not closed - is there any way to learn whether some process has been started or do I need to create a new account?

Best regards,
Maciej Fijalkowski

1 Like

Maybe you could try selling some other way. Extension Warehouse also fails to send a recite/payment specification to its vendors, making bookkeeping/accounting and taxing very tricky (if possible at all). They just put a bunch of money into your bank without telling you they’ve done so. I’ve asked 4 or 5 times now without any result. Maybe it is after all easier to just set up your own store, I don’t know.

1 Like

I also want to become a vendor, I’ve clicked the button mentioned by @eneroth3, and also emailed @ChrisFullmer.
I have an extension ready to go into the warehouse.

While I wait for a yes/no answer from the Sketchup Team, I’ve been looking at Digital Product stores such as
https://sellfy.com/ and using the “Listing Page” feature, but as a company we would rather use the in-built store functionality in The Extension Warehouse mentioned here written by @Bryceosaurus:

https://blog.sketchup.com/developer/introducing-paid-extensions-extension-warehouse

1 Like

If I remember correctly it also took some time until I got in touch with anyone who could help me become a vendor.

Getting in touch with the Extensibility team can sometimes the trickiest part of extension development.

1 Like

I’ve just got a reply with the Vendor Application Form from the Sketchup / Trimble team! :grinning:

I used the Customer Service contact form here:

Support - Customer Support Question | SketchUp Help (General Inquiry)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.