How to align multiple objects along a radius?

Hello,

I am wondering how I might go about aligning multiple objects along a curved radius. I have the objects currently grouped up and would simply like to make them all curved instead of straight.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Position the first one where you want it, then use the rotate tool with the option key to make a copy: click the center of the radius to place the protractor and rotate the copy to the last position and then type, say, 7/ to equally distribute 7 copies from the first to the last.

Thank you, but would you mind clarifying a bit in more detail? I just ended up with multiple grid lines…

A quick demo.
Simple array

If you showed us an image or a model of what you need to do we could give you more info.

The example shows exactly what I need done… Just trying to figure it out at this point. Here is a drawing… it’s for a drive-in theater design.

I’ve gotten this figured out… now just need to determine how to make sure each object stays a specific distance from each other. THANK YOU so much for your help.

Hi there,

TIG’s divide Angle could be usefull for you :wink:

You can use it in the other direction too. Intersecting arcs in SketchUp isn’t precise, but probably good enough for this case. Move the first copy the desired distance, and then 8x, etc to make the other copies.

This would be a great case for Circular Guide Lines in Sketchup.

It would be good if true circular guides could be created which would mean the intersection points would be accurate.

I’m thinking that as it is a Guide and not an Edge, it could be truly circular?

Mike

1 Like

Good question.

You could also try either my Circle Intersect or TIG’s True Tangents (both free on sketchUcation plugin store). They find the exact intersections between circle or arcs and, in mine, also edges and guides…

1 Like

With tig’s divide angle, you will find the center and add guides

[https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?listtype=1&author=0&category=0&search=divide+angle&submit=%3F ]

I’m thinking of the Circle guides when laying out walls from a survey where the walls are not 90 degrees, but the length of each wall is known as well as diagonals.

Using circles to find the intersection between diagonal and wall length measurements taken, or from two points etc.

Mike