How do you set unit precision to 1/32" or 1/64", for example

I’m fairly new to sketchup and am having trouble trying to figure out the units of measure. I draw a line to 7/32", for example, but when I use the measure tool, it reads 1/4". Any clues to what I am doing wrong? I am using the simple feet and inches template, but don’t see another template that appears to be more precise. Is there a setup option for setting precision? Or is there an app that handles this kind of precision? Thanks for your feedback.

go to:
window>model info>units
set precision to 1/64"
set “enable snapping” to 1/64"

Thank you so very much. I appreciate your help. Have a good weekend.

Thanks once again. It is working fine
now, thanks to your reply.

Have a good Sunday

The model says that it cannot go less than 1/16". How can it be adjusted to higher precision?

That doesn’t really help us to help you.
Can you describe your problem more fully, at the very least show us a screenshot of the model info dialog, preferably with it showing us that it won’t go to 1/64th.
Units
Having looked at one of your previous posts, it may well be that you have a scaling issue so you can’t see past 1/16th.

Today, for SOME reason, (User Issue! LOL!), the increased resolution
actually worked to allow me to select 1/32" or 1/64" - I think I
attempted to type it in, rather than select it from the list.

But,
WOW!
I’m very impressed that someone got back to me so rapidly!
Kudos!
…and gratitude!
Thank you, and have a most-amazing day/week/month/year/decade/life!
Bri

I get where you can set the units Precision under Model Info - Units Buy is there a way to keep this the default for every new model I create - I want my default to be 1/16 for everything I sketch

Set the Units and anything else you want regarding the style, profiles on or off, endpoints etc, or even a starting bit of geometry and Save as Template and set that as your default template.

Thank you. I will try that.