Help with connecting two hooks with a strap

Needs a Strap.skp (137.0 KB)

Hello folks. I have been trying and trying and trying to get this done but have come to the point of asking for help.

This simple model has two strap connectors. They are on different planes and different axis. I would like to connect the two with a strap, keeping them in their current locations as they are a part of a larger model.

I have tried several extensions and have not been able to create. The strap is a simple rectangle with each end twisted at a different degree from horizontal. Id like to appear as if it is hanging between the two clips.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the belt as shown in the picture?

That is beautiful! Can you tell me how you created it please.

I had done a version too. Use curviloft loft on a path.Needs a Strap2.skp (158.0 KB)

Draw the edge as you like, joining the same corner.

Move from this edge to the other corners.

Select two edges and apply “Curviloft-Loft by Spline”.
1-6

Just realized that it may not be possible to add plugins for sketchup for schools? In which case you could manually fill in on those lines in ecati method.

One of the first things I tried was curviloft. I could not get the downward curve to work. Here is what I am trying to do. I need it to drape from one hook to the other. 14

I will try this way too, I had done it by a different method with the same tool?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.