Help With A Floorplan

Hi there!

I hope this is the right section of the forum to post this! I am having trouble creating a floorplan for a project I am working on. It is purely a personal project but I was wondering if anyone would be able to make suggestions or help me rework the floorplan for the first floor of this house? I am trying to get 5 ensuite bedrooms - including a master suite with either a walk through closet or snug - a toilet, a staircase to the second floor and an informal upstairs sitting area in, however, at the moment it feels disjointed and doesn’t seem to maximise the space. Also some of the rooms are odd shaped (elongated). It is a very large house so window placement is my main issue! Not all the ensuites need windows but every bedroom needs a window. Currently, I am happy with the location of the informal sitting/living area at the front of the house but other than that I could really use some help! As you can see, I haven’t even thought of where the staircase should go to reach the next floor. In the SKP file, the window locations can be seen by orbiting around. The central staircase and window locations are fixed, though I could consider putting extra windows on the left or right side if totally necessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the SKP of the floorplan! Dropbox - Error

Thanks
Thomas

Hi there, I would be happy to help. I have been using sketchup for nearly 8 years and I am studying Architecture Technology at University, so I would be a fun challenge.

What do you think?

floorplan_edited.skp (1.1 MB)

What is Your problem ? The stairs or what? My problem would be some measures: 4400 mm height, 600 mm walls?

Edit: Seems to be architectural question like Thomas SC means.
Sorry, I assumed technical problems with SU.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you this is so much better! It looks like a professional floor plan now! I greatly appreciate you spending your time on this!

Thanks,
Thomas

Thanks anyway for taking time to read! Just to confirm, the ceilings are 4000mm once the floor is in place and the exterior walls are 600mm, both I think are acceptable for a house of this stature, though primarily I incorporated them so I could have large panelled window frames like this!

I know ceilings like this from Berlin (Gründerzeit) and I am living now between walls 800 mm (built 1813) - all is acceptable :wink: