Need to create a floor plan for a client? Wondering how to do that using only SketchUp? We’ve just released a new YouTube video and in it we’ve shared a technique from a paid course we teach. Watch and you’ll avoid problems people run into when learning how to create a professional floor plan with SketchUp.
Inside the video, we cover how to:
- Choose the best template to start your floor plan
- Draw the floor shape, exterior walls and interior walls from field measurements
- Organize your floor plan using Groups and Layers
- Create your own 2D symbols for windows and doors
- Import 2D symbols for things like furniture and fixtures
- Turn your floor plan into a professional-looking PDF to share with clients
Plus, we share a starter 2D symbols library you can use on your next floor plan.
You can watch the new video on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/KVDnb47KBy8
When you get a chance, watch the video and then be sure to let me know if you have any questions or feedback. Thanks!