Good PC for Sketchup?

My computer is running very slow, especially working on cad / sketchup drawings.

Does DELL Precision T5810 with the following components good enough for me to replace?

• Intel Xeon Processor E5-1620v3
  • 16GB 2133MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
  • 500GB 3.5inch Serial ATA (7200 Rpm) Hard Drive
  • 2.5 inch 256GB SATA SSD
  • Nvidia Quadro K620 2GB

Thanks.

You will probably be happy with the performance of that machine on SketchUp and other CAD projects with the specs you have identified. I have been pleased with my Dell Precision experience. I have bought 5 Precisions for my company and for personal use over the years. I was running SU v.4 when I first purchased a Precision and each of them has been a workhorse.

CPU: PassMark CPU Lookup
GPU: PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - Video Card Look Up

be aware, that SU in general does not profit from expensive Xeon CPUs or Quadro/FirePro GPUs compared with Core i CPUs and GeForce GPUs.

16 GB RAM is more than enough besides you wanna run e.g. memory consuming render plugins.

But would choose a SSD instead of HDD nowadays, which could be swapped later on also if the body/bottom can be opened.

There might be a reliability benefit, I am not sure if big enough to justify the cost.
But my opinion about the Quadro cards is that if you decide to have one, take one of the expensive models. The K620 is rather entry-level, meant primarily for 2D CAD, and you would get much better performance by getting a Geforce of about the same price.

Anssi

hardware (GPU) is pretty the same, differences are typically in the driver only.