Global Texture Sizing and Dynamic Components

I’m currently creating dynamic components for house design. My first tests are looking great - dynamic walls which create timber framing changing dynamically as the wall lengthens or increases in height,

The problem I’m having is -

As my wall scales (copying framing members as it goes), my cladding texture (on a nested component) stretches out of scale.

Is there a way to fix my textures so textures nested within dynamic components match one another even if the different instances of the dynamic component are at different scales - ie; weatherboards line up…

I hope this makes sense…

I’ve looked for a plugin which could change the texture scales without exploding the components but can’t find anything… Is there another way I can build my DC’s so a wall can increase in length but not scale or is there a plugin someone knows about which could help…

Any help would be great…

Unfortunately, a texture that is painted on a component is stretched when the component is scaled, and this happens whether the material is applied to the component instance or to the actual faces inside the component. It would be a good feature if, for instance, a material applied on the component from the “outside” would retain the global scale.

(as the post doesn’t contain a tutorial, I’ll change this to a more appropriate category)

Anssi

Sorry Anssi, must of missed the category…

Yeah, it’s a pain and quite restrictive when using dynamic components. Of course I could just use a component for each weatherboard (which is my option B) and I could copy them as the DC scales instead of stretching them. I can add an option for moving the first weatherboard up and down (user input) so I can ensure that weatherboards in upper walls line up with ones in the lower walls.

I would also need to create one of the weatherboards into vertical sections (30mm strips) so I can use a part weatherboard under a window for example, depending on the run of boards.

I’m just worried it will add unnecessary complexity to my model for rendering…