Fredo6 animator - How can I unwind this in a spiral motion?

Hi all!

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this problem with an animation job I have?

I have been asked at work to create an animation of a logo, and need to ‘unwind’ this spiral.
I am completely new to animation and learn everything from the internet so I really do not have a clue. I have tried moving each piece manually following a path, and although it does technically work, it does not look smooth at all, and each piece moves in a random direction before getting to it’s rightful place.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can fix this? Or an easier way to do the whole animation?
I am using fredo6 animator and have attached an image of the logo that I am animating.

Thanks in advance:)

Company Logo.skp (2.9 MB)

Suggest you try posting this on the SketchUcation forum. I think you might get more replies on this topic over there.

I have used Animator many times and would like to give it a try but my laptop died so I cannot try it. I have some ideas but would need to try them before sharing them.

I think you might also consider sharing your model so that others could give it a try.

1 Like

As Dave says, it is difficult to know whether Animator can help without having the model.

You can PM it to me or post it.

Fredo

1 Like

It’s been uploaded to the original post now!
Sorry it took me a few days… been very busy at work.