Extrude Tool double click repeat last command

I have a simple model of a building. I use the extrude tool to push an external wall surface in by 1 foot. With the extrude tool still active, I use the mouse to move to another surface and double click that new surface. Instead of pushing the surface in 1’ it pulls it out 1’.

I am watching a tutorial, and it does the opposite in the tutorial. I am on a mac, and the tutorial is being demonstrated on a PC.

I don’t think it has anything to do with Mac vs PC, but rather some detail of the relative orientation of the faces you are push-pulling. I find that for me double-click works most of the time, but reverses as you describe just often enough that I always have to pay attention.

I have also found that it is unreliable. Perhaps unexpected is a better word.

The repeat function is designed to work whether the secondary planes are in the same plane as the first or not.

If you create a simple set of planes and extrude them, they will generally extrude intuitively. But once you get more complex drawings, the intuitive behaviour often disappears. There must be a reason but it is not always clear what it is.

1 Like

I’ve also experienced this. I haven’t found any pattern. Sometimes it pushpulles correctly, sometimes in the other direction. Unfortunately it doesn’t just simply honor face orientation, which is how I’d design it.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.