Extension to output flat paper models for papercraft?

Hi SketchUp community. Can anyone advise me on an extension/plugin to allow me to output ‘flat’ paper versions of SketchUp models?
I need some, really quite simple, paper models (cut out - glue tabs kind of thing) and I thought SketchUp would do it with ease, especially when someone directed me to a plug-in called ‘Flattery’.
Turns out there is no ‘plugin’ folder anymore in Mac application support and I don’t know if I should jetison this plug in and use something else (what?) or if there is a work’round.
It seems to me that (3D printing aside) there must be many people who just need to output some simple, buildable models from SketchUp designs.
Help?

Turns out there is. But the one you need to put it in is under User/Library/Application Support. Instead of doing that, however, you should download the correct version of it from Sketchucation and use Install Extension from Preferences>Extensions to install it.

Better yet, install the Sketchucation Plugin Store tool and use it to search for and automatically install extensions as well as assist you in managing them.

1 Like

Excellent! Thank you so much DaveR. I’m going to try that out right now.

1 Like

Dave I am wondering what the equivalent folder would be for Windows. I cannot locate the user/library/application support and i am trying to achieve the same thing as the OP. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Windows SU8: C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 8\Plugins
Windows SU13: C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2013/Plugins
Windows SU14: C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2014\SketchUp\Plugins
Windows SU15: C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2015\SketchUp\Plugins
If entity is simple like a box then flattery. For more complex items like you have seen in shops in museum wherein slices are assembled for 3d model maybe better. You have to decide which approach best suites your needs.

hmm. I copied both the filder and the .rb file to that location and still i get no “flattery” in the tools menu

Follow the best advice in this thread.