Export C++ SDK finally deprecated?

This is more a question for the SketchUp staff. Our plug-in written a while go has one part that uses the import/export C++ SDK, we are still using SketchUpDeprecatedModelExporterInterface and we would like to know if this is going to be definitely deprecated in the upcoming version of SketchUp 2019. Knowing this in advance would be very convenient for the development community.

Thank you.

It is already deprecated and all users should be moving away from it.

I’ll check up on the status of its removal.

We know we have to move to the new one but it would be extremely valuable for us to know if the one we use is going to be removed in SketchUp 2019.

I would really appreciate if you could provide me that information.

BTW, we are the creators of Maxwell Render (www.maxwellrender.com). Our render has been in use in SketchUp for many years now.

Hello, I wonder if you have had the chance to ask the dev team about the deprecation of SketchUpDeprecatedModelExporterInterface for SkechtUp 2019. Thank you very much in advance.

Yea, it will be removed for the next release. There should be an announcement going out shortly.

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

Did I miss the official announcement?
I want to be also certain. I am a creator too. :slight_smile:

Could you please do not remove it from 2019 version before export that works INSIDE SketchUp is ready?
As now new api allows only to load scene from the external file and equivalent to ISkpDocument* is not avaiable yet.
Am I wrong?

Best Regards,
brighter3d

We’ve desired to extend the period one more year to allow developers more time to migrate.

We’ve been collecting feedback about C++ SDK functionality missing from the C API. I’m not sure we’ve heard what you are describing here.

Can you open tickets in our GitHub issue tracker about any blockers that prevent you from migrating to the C API? Issues · SketchUp/api-issue-tracker · GitHub

Please elaborate in detail. Reference the C++ SDK functions where you don’t find an equal in the C API.

Thank you very much!

I started new issue ticket:
“Is there a possibility to export actual state of the scene opened in SketchUp in the new api?
In previous (deprecated) api that was possible by passing ISkpDocument* pointer.
Now (in new api) it seems we can export only scene saved previously to file, or am I missing something?”

Best Regards,
brighter3d

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.