EW broken?

Does that mean it is going by compatibility check rather than version date? Some of these older ones state compatibility with SketchUp 2020

No. Nothing to do with compatibility.

Only, and exactly means that the sort by date does not work and must to be repaired.
Thatā€™s it.

1 Like

27 weeks and counting, it boggles the mindā€¦

1 Like

28 weeks and still no indication of SketchUp / Trimble resolving the problem.

1 Like

29 weeks and counting without a fix, what a disgrace!

2 Likes

The extension details page still shows the ā€œcreatedā€ date (without that label) in place of what users expect as ā€œlast updatedā€ date. Extensions look like they never received updates!

It seemed like one of the many small fixes that were promised to follow after the big initial release was accomplished. If this is how itā€™s going forward, will EWH2 soon be in a state like EWH1?

3 Likes

Just to sum up so the whole thread doesnā€™t need to be read again, what are the concerns raised here?

• No intuitive way to browse all extensions (like the Browse All button in old EW; searching for ā€œā€ isnā€™t that obvious).
  • No way to sort by date? Or is it sort by relevance that is broken? (This along with Browse All is a good way to see whatā€™s happening)
  • Extension info page showing initial publish date instead of date of the current version
  • General concerns about slow development

What else? (trying to keep it short and simple)

3 Likes

By the method from my OP, it used to report the most recent released extensions, be it new extensions or a revision on previously published extensions.

30 weeks, no fix. almost sounds like a rehab songā€¦ maybe it should beā€¦

@Adam
@Barry
@Bryceosaurus
@ChrisDizon
@ChrisFullmer
@colin
@EricFrank
@jbacus
@jody
@kathy_davies
@Katya
@LadyPrism

I realize that some of the people tagged above have other designated functions, however you all work for SketchUp, thus whatever tarnishes SketchUpā€™s image should be a concern of yours.

Can any / all of you (tagged above) please forward this to the appropriate party / parties so that this can get resolved. I would think this is more than just a slight embarrassment at this stage. Overlooked / missed it was not, as evidenced by @jbacus and @jody replies early on in the thread, again commented on by @TheOnlyAaron in this thread.

Iā€™d like to hear from anyone if they know a tag from one of the SketchUp employees tags that I might have missed, Iā€™ll be sure to include it in future updates to this thread, also mentions are limited to 25 people per post so Iā€™ll be doing multiple posts from now on.

30 weeks, no fix. almost sounds like a rehab songā€¦ maybe it should beā€¦

@Mark
@mchandler
@michellelw
@MikeTadros
@niraj.poudel
@olivia_feng
@psaal
@SketchUpTeam
@stephanieSU
@Steve_Ketchup
@TheGuz
@TheOnlyAaron
@thomthom
@trent
@tt_su
@TysonK

I realize that some of the people tagged above have other designated functions, however you all work for SketchUp, thus whatever tarnishes SketchUpā€™s image should be a concern of yours.

Can any / all of you (tagged above) please forward this to the appropriate party / parties so that this can get resolved. I would think this is more than just a slight embarrassment at this stage. Overlooked / missed it was not, as evidenced by @jbacus and @jody replies early on in the thread, again commented on by @TheOnlyAaron in this thread.

Iā€™d like to hear from anyone if they know a tag from one of the SketchUp employees tags that I might have missed, Iā€™ll be sure to include it in future updates to this thread, also mentions are limited to 25 people per post so Iā€™ll be doing multiple posts from now on.

Hi @Julian_Smith, thanks for sharing that information. While I am not the best person to be able to help with matters related to EW, I tried the steps that you had recommended.

At a quick glance it looks like ā€œrelevanceā€ and ā€œnew to oldā€ are the same results? So EW is basically sorting the extensions the same way in both ā€œrelevanceā€ and ā€œnew to oldā€ categories.

Trying to see if that is exactly what you are seeing and are looking for the results to be different between ā€œrelevanceā€ and ā€œnew to oldā€ categories?

Relevance would be if you had entered a word to the top search space, I would surmise. New to old (with the * wildcard in the search space) should produce a list of all extensions released, from new to old, in the listing result.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for sharing that @Julian_Smith. Iā€™ll step aside and let our EW team who are already tagged in your last post to weigh in and provide updates as they come along.

Received an update from the Extension Warehouse team. Looks like they are aware of this issue and are discussing a solution.

Come on @niraj.poudel and @TheGuz having put your heads up and responded you need to give a little more back than a standard

Or

This had been more than 6 months without any response.
Go and physically kick those responsible. And remind them they are lucky that we havenā€™t just flown home.

2 Likes

FYI

2 Likes

Sorry, Box, I really donā€™t have additional info. My goal was to make sure the EW team got the message and to confirm here that the message has been received.

Also, I couldnā€™t physically kick anyone due to covid, but I did ping them sturnly.

4 Likes

31 weeks and countingā€¦

Hereā€™s to pinging you:

@Adam
@Barry
@Bryceosaurus
@ChrisDizon
@ChrisFullmer
@colin
@corney
@EricFrank
@jbacus
@jody
@kathy_davies
@Katya
@LadyPrism

31 weeks and countingā€¦

Hereā€™s to pinging you:

@Mark
@mchandler
@michellelw
@MikeTadros
@niraj.poudel
@olivia_feng
@psaal
@SketchUpTeam
@stephanieSU
@Steve_Ketchup
@TheGuz
@TheOnlyAaron
@thomthom
@trent
@tt_su
@TysonK

I have nothing valuable to contribute to this other than to point out the natural human tendency to give less attention to something when itā€™s shared with 15 other people because ā€œone of them will handle it.ā€

(c;

1 Like