Editing STL files in sketchup

I doubt you’d have to remodel the entire thing but remodeling the base should be fairly straightforward. sometimes it makes more sense to tear down the bad part of the house rather than fixing it.

I know with a bought model you wouldn’t want to share it publicly, but you could PM it to Dave or myself to check what the actual issue is.

1 Like

Thank you that would be fantastic. Do you mean the actual file or screen shot. How do I send it?
Just discovered that the base can be separated from the head. the base is solid and the head is not.

The file itself. How big is it? If less than about 15mb you can simply attach it to a PM, by using the Message button that appears when you click on my avatar. Or larger than that upload to dropbox or similar and send the link.

Its 15meg. is PM OK?

Try it, if it fails to load it means it’s too big.

OK I will try

Got it, give me a few minutes.

Crikey!

1 Like

So do you want two separate solids or a one piece object?

Two solids and one solid with base and head

Is this what you want, so the two fit together, or just flat bottom and top?
GIF 31-05-2022 10-57-54 AM

Yes the head should fit snugly on the base

That is amazing.

Ok, so you have this, 2 separate and one solid.
I’ll PM it back.

2 Likes

Absolutely incredible I am lost for words. Thank you so much.

I would have done a gif showing you how but it as a bit complicated and I have no time this morning.

I think it was more than drawing a line. How can I get the file?

Sorry, my PC crashed, on it’s last legs, you should have a PM now, little green number should show on your avatar top right.

Save yourself some time and aggivation and purchase the STL converter from SimLabs. It a bit pricey but most I purchased worked flausly.