Dynamic Component Attributes not Saving

I made a series of cabinets as dynamic components that can be resized. When I first made them, everything worked fine. I saved the file and then the next day when I opened it again, a lot of the attributes no longer function. They look like the screenshot below:
Example

What is causing this?

I think I’ve figured it out myself. I copied a dynamic component and changed its name. When I did that, that’s when it stopped working. I simply didn’t discover it until I reopened the file. If you change the name of something you have to go through all the attributes and change all the references there as well. Basically the # sign and the red font means that’s an error in your code.

You can use parent! instead of the parent title then it does not matter when reused. Providing the formulas are same, if is to be different, check and make the DC child unique first if required.
When anticipated, one word titles are easy changed with a double click on the child reference and control V, (having copied the first “parent”) than parent titles with _ or many words.
If using instance names, avoid manually changing its title or using the “Name” attribute as this stops the instance updating the title and is lost from the report as per