Drawing a cable

I’m not exactly clear what this means. I’ve removed the curve and the profile from the groups. I’ve also exploded the curve and re-welded it. Result is still tapered.

The Path can’t be wrapped in a container that you have to back out of before you can go into the groups of the profile.
I’ll do a gif

Even when I pull everything out of the containers the result is the same. The path isn’t grouped, nor is the profile.

What method are you using to determine that the lower end is smaller than 3/16? Here’s what I got at the two ends:

It works for me.
Sorry, things take forever to upload for me.
Both ends are 1/4
Follow me in context

1 Like

Oh my, that is embarrassing. @slbaumgartner figured it out. I simply had different radii at each endpoint, making me think I had a tapered profile.

Hmmm… I was seeing the same thing you were even when I separated the circle and the path from the rest of the model but then I deleted your curve and redrew it and had no problem. I made the curve smoother while I was at it.

2 Likes

I checked already.

Check how you are measuring the circle, they are 9 segments so actually very hard to measure.
I turned the segments into circles and get a diameter of 1/2"

If you start at the lower end, doesn’t the upper end come out like this?

Yes. but that is the nature of the beast.

Yes, it came down to perception and a miscalculation in setup. I THOUGHT the nubs that each end of the cable would attach to were the same radius. They were not. That made me think I had a tapered cable. I had it correct the whole time. Thank you.

Ok, I have removed my joke.
But you had us looking for issues that didn’t exist.
My gif wasn’t meant to offend, but whatever.

1 Like