Draw parallel lines from a point

Does anybody know if there is an extension or a way to draw parallel lines from a point or inference point? Here is a screenshot of a simple window that I drew with mullions. Drawing the mullions is a little time consuming. I was thinking that a nice shortcut would be (for example) on the horizontal mullion I could inference the midpoint, click it and drag 2 parallel lines at a distance apart of my choosing. For the vertical mullions I could divide the line in 3 sections as usual and then use those reference points to draw the vertical mullions. I hope I’m making sense. I wouldn’t be surprised if something like this already exists. Would be a nice time saver for

sure.

//edit
Search for ‘double line’… in SketchUcation

~~Extension | SketchUp Extension Warehouse

Thanks for the suggestion Mihai.S. I tried that extension but it made Sketchup crash. Looks like it only works with Sketchup 2013,14 &15. I’m running 2021 on a Mac. Bummer!

SketchUp 2022 and try this Double Line - SketchUp Plugins | PluginStore | SketchUcation

Animation-03

1 Like

This time I downloaded the extension from Sketchucation instead of through the extension warehouse and I was able to get it to work! Thanks again! Very useful tool.

Of, course, dividing the line length by three and then centering parallel lines on those third points won’t result in equal panes.

What I do is make one muntin (component) and place it at the perimeter as if the edge of glass were just another muntin. Then with the move tool set to copy, grab it by the outside corner and drag it to the opposite perimeter inside corner, and then type /3 to subdivide. When I’m done I just delete the extraneous muntins at the two ends, and the result is equal panes.

5 Likes