Dome Issue?

Used ‘Circle’ and ‘Follow Me’ tool to make this dome. But the “pie” shape lines, as in the attached image, I don’t understand and wonder if I can make a dome without them.

Can anyone inform me about the why and wherefore of these lines?

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 3.35.34 PM.png

Can you show a screenshot of the setup before you used Follow Me?, that might help.

Yes, I can recreate that.
In the meantime I just discovered that it’s not mere lines. There is a thickness to it.
See this image:

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 3.45.30 PM.png

View > Hidden Geometry > ON
So you can see the underlying structure of the domed surface.

Then use those smoothed’ edges as the basis of your desired ‘pseudo-sector’…

Okay - thanks will check that out

Here’s shot one of setup:

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 3.56.46 PM.png

Here’s shot two - right before ‘Follow Me’ :

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 3.57.52 PM.png

Not sure what I did differently but got a smooth dome this time:

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 4.03.58 PM.png

I would guess either the curved face weren’t sitting exactly on the blue/green axis or the way it were cleaned up before Follow Me. The second to last curved face looks pretty good though.

EDIT: One thing to note is that the endpoints of your circle seem to be off axis. Drawing them on the red/green axis makes getting the face for Follow Me aligned correctly to the circular path easier. That could have caused a problem, effectively skewing the face on the path.

Do you intend to have a hollow inside or do you want it to be a solid?

Make sure that the circular path is aligned with a vertex [node] on axis.
Currently it is skewed.

Then ensure that you make the profile so it is also on an axis…

Then the form should be created as you hope…

Also use View > Hidden Geometry > ON to see what you have made in terms of a ‘framework’…

As I’m on my phone and can’t test this, I’m going to guess that it is being caused by your circle being off axis. This would make the profile not perpendicular to the start and end of the path, so you would get those extra faces.
When you draw your circles always pull them out along one of the axes.

Edit: tig posted as I typed, not very quick with my thumbs.

Thank you both.