Does SketchUp Free allow you to export your 3D work to OBJ file?

After working hours on the website trying to learn enough SketchUp to create a 3D model of just the front of my home - I finally succeeded enough to try to export to an OBJ file. Yet it would not go to an export screen. Instead, it go to a screen headed, Don’t Keep This to Yourself. It talks about sharing your model with a friend - so I can’t discern what to do. It seems odd to provide a free version, let you work for hours and then not be able to export it. Help. Thanks.

For hobbyist use with SketchUp Free you can get .skp, .png, and .stl files out. See this page:

https://www.sketchup.com/plans-and-pricing/compare/file-import-and-export-capabilities

You can export .obj with SketchUp Go.

Why is this post is flagged?

Is there any administrator? Who flagged the post? it is ridiculous
If this post gets flagged I´ll continue replying until I get an answer of who and why flagged this post.

1 Like

The post was flagged by a community member as it states, the identity of the flagger is not recorded. I don’t see anything particularly offensive in your post and would probably not have flagged it, but that’s me, I guess it could be considered off-topic. It could also easily have been an erroneous click made by mistake too. Every community member here who participated regularly has had posts flagged, fairly or not, sometimes for seemingly no reason. It’s part of the forum system, it’s not perfect but in general does a decent job of keeping things civil around here, I’m not saying you are not civil. Don’t take it personally, you won’t ever know why, best to treat it like a bump in the road and just keep going.:+1:

1 Like

Why would it be considered off topic?

I don’t think so, when you flag a post a window pops asking why should it be flagged, if someone clicked the flag mistakenly would’ve seen the window and closed it.

@TheOnlyAaron can you please check why was it flagged?

Your like me . . Some one does not like your name or that you don’t kiss bottoms So anything you post get zipped ! ! 99.9 % of anything I post get zipped