Delete tag

I have too many tags, and I want to completely delete some from the TAGS menu in the default tray. How do I do that?

Click the little x next to the pencil.

I’m an idiot. Thanks for the prompt help.

I’m running SU Pro 2021 and do not see a little x next to the pencil.
I want to reorganize my TAG structure from scratch and therefore want to delete TAGS.
But the program seems to be telling me that if I delete a TAG then I also delete any entities on these TAGs.
Do I have that right?

The x is a SketchUp for Web thing.

When you choose to delete tags, you should be given an option to change the tags to something else with Untagged as the default or delete the objects carrying the tag. Probably you want to just make everything untagged so choose that option.

Screenshot - 10_21_2021 , 12_27_17 PM

OK.
(did not notice the “SketchUp for Web”)

No worries.

BTW - That just worked.
I couldn’t just leave it at ‘Untagged’ though. I had to activate the drop down window and choose ‘Untagged’.
But once I did that my TAG category disappeared as desired.

That’s odd. I’ve never had to open that dropdown list. I always want the first option and simply click OK when the message appears.

Have you been careful to make sure the pencil icon is always at Untagged?
Screenshot - 10_21_2021 , 2_29_31 PM

I think so. I’m aware at least that it should be.
Will keep an eye on this.

Also make sure if you explode tagged components or groups to raw geometry that you immediately change thetag assigment to Untagged. Or run TIG’s Default Layer Geometry once in awhile to automatically fix that. It’s good to stay on top of keeping your models cleaned up as you go. Saves a lot of work and trouble later.