DC - Switch or Checkbox in the attributes list and Value(TXT) input between two values

Is there a way to use/place a switch or checkbox as an attribute in the Component Options Window?

I use for now a list item with “Yes / No”. But I’am more attracted to a Switch.

A second question, Is there a way that I can let the user enter a value f.e a number between 215 and 270?
To create a list with all those number is not very handy.

A thirth question. Am using Concatunate but it doesn’t work wel.
F.e =CONCATENATE(“Type a value between 215 and”, P2_PlafondHoogte)
Gives me

Thank you

Sorry, no. Checkboxes are not yet implemented for the Component Options dialog.

This would need the support of a boolean type for custom attributes (Some of the predefined attributes or behaviors are boolean, but this is not yet implemented for custom attributes.)

Not tested but I wonder if a nested IF function will work ? @pcmoor ?

=IF(CURRENT("AttrName")<215,215,IF(CURRENT("AttrName")>270,270,CURRENT("AttrName")))

Try one of these …
=CONCATENATE("Type a value between 215 and", CURRENT("P2_PlafondHoogte"))
… or …
=CONCATENATE("Type a value between 215 and", REPLACE(P2_PlafondHoogte,1,0,""))
… or …
=CONCATENATE("Type a value between 215 and", REPLACE(CURRENT("P2_PlafondHoogte"),1,0,""))

Ie, they never implemented a TEXT() function, but the REPLACE() function converts the 1st and last arguments to String.

Yes that works,a similar expression
=largest(215,smallest(“AttrName”,270))
Note, current is required if using the dimensional or position attributes of the parent, which returns inches, therefore for metric multiple the result by 2.54

with regards the concatenate, place a space after the first bracket (“parentheses” to change to CONCATENATE( “Type,
its a bug that fixes itself once working you can remove the space if you want to

test.skp (22.0 KB)

1 Like

Hi thank you

Sorry, no. Checkboxes are not yet implemented

Pitty

I use now the IF function and one line above a text field with just dynamic info ( like the thirt question )

The problem with my formula raised when the P2_PlafondHoogte value was not yet used bij the DC options dialog. The P2_PlafondHoogte value did has to be a ‘=value’
But that means that the P2_PlafondHoogte value has to be explicit a value to begin with, and that was not meant to be.

Is it posable to create a kind of options block which is possible to get hidden? Feature request!?
Some items that at least for me are welcome ( actualy I need them :sunglasses: ).
My Feature Request voor DC’s in SU.

And a csv import function, ideal for consistency of data ( features ) in several type of components, like ,doors & windows, Carparts, Hatching types.

I like your’s more. It shorter, more concise.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.