Custom scrapbook file location

Hey guys,

I’m using SketchUp 2017 on macOS Sierra 10.12.5.

I created a new document, added custom scrapbook material, and then used “Save As Scrapbook…”

The scrapbook is with the others in the Scrapbook window, but I can’t find the file with the other default scrapbook files. Where did it go?

Best,

Check the path of the scrapbooks in Preferences->Folders

Thanks Mike! No luck though, it points to the same folder where they aren’t shown:

Applications > SketchUp 2017 > LayOut > Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources > English.lproj > Scrapbooks

Could it have to do with the paper type? I used the full-sized Arch D rather than the smaller sheet.

No, it has not to do with the paper size. There should be another path in the preferences : ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/LayOut/Scrapbooks

where ‘~’ stands for /Macintosh HD/users/<Your UserName

Hmm… looks like I don’t have a Library folder there. I wonder if it was deleted. Should I reinstall?

Nothing over here either:

You don’t see it because it is hidden. Type the address directly in Finder->Go->Go to folder : ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017

In LayOut, you can restore defaults of the folders in the Preferences, no need to reinstall.

Ah, yep, found it with the Go To Folder command. Thanks Mike!

Perfect!
You can drag that folder into your favorites on the right for quick acces.
BTW: you can easily acces the scrapbook in LayOut by clicking the ‘Edit…’ button on the right of the little arrows

Yes, I was looking to delete and rename the files in this instance. Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.