Creating .txt from Sketchup 2015

Can anyone help with a solution to export .txt files from Sketchup 2015 for use in another program. I was able to do this in V4 with a 3rd party plugin but can’t find something suitable for 2015.

I have no idea what content you expect in the .txt file, but have you looked at File->Generate Report?

Just for fun I took a simple (41kb) SketchUp 15 file changed the extension from skp to txt and got thousands of lines of chinese characters. A few readable (english) words but the rest was not:

ΰ»ΏSketchUp Model ΰ«Ώ{15.2.685}ιΊŒα…ΰ¬œδ―•ε’›λ†™λ‘§ε—΅ ΓΏξ’£ε’Ώ 噃η‰₯ζ₯³ζΉ―ζ…ο½°δŒ‰δ„€ηˆ€ζŒ€δŒ€η”€ηˆ€η˜€ζ”€Μ€ οΌ€δŒŠδ„€η€η€ηˆ€ζ€€ζˆ€η”€η€ζ”€ οΌ€δŒ“δ„€η€η€ηˆ€ζ€€ζˆ€η”€η€ζ”€δŒ€ζΌ€ζΈ€η€ζ„€ζ€€ζΈ€ζ”€ηˆ€ οΌ€δŒδ„€η€η€ηˆ€ζ€€ζˆ€η”€η€ζ”€δΈ€ζ„€ζ΄€ζ”€ζ€Δ€ οΌ€δŒδˆ€ζ„€ζŒ€ζ¬€ζœ€ηˆ€ζΌ€η”€ζΈ€ζ€δ€€ζ΄€ζ„€ζœ€ζ”€ΰ¨€ οΌ€δŒ‡δŒ€ζ„€ζ΄€ζ”€ηˆ€ζ„€Τ€ οΌ€δŒŠδŒ€ζΌ€ζ΄€η€€ζΌ€ζΈ€ζ”€ζΈ€η€ΰ¬€ οΌ€δŒ’δŒ€ζΌ€ζ΄€η€€ζΌ€ζΈ€ζ”€ζΈ€η€δˆ€ζ”€ζ €ζ„€η˜€ζ€€ζΌ€ηˆ€Τ€ οΌ€δŒ”δŒ€ζΌ€ζ΄€η€€ζΌ€ζΈ€ζ”€ζΈ€η€δ€ζ”€ζ˜€ζ€€ζΈ€ζ€€η€ζ€€ζΌ€ζΈ€ΰ¨€ οΌ€δŒ’δŒ€ζΌ€ζ΄€η€€ζΌ€ζΈ€ζ”€ζΈ€η€δ€€ζΈ€ηŒ€η€ζ„€ζΈ€ζŒ€ζ”€Τ€ οΌ€δŒ•δŒ€ζΌ€ζΈ€ηŒ€η€ηˆ€η”€ζŒ€η€ζ€€ζΌ€ζΈ€δœ€ζ”€ζΌ€ζ΄€ζ”€η€ηˆ€η€€ οΌ€δŒ‘δŒ€ζΌ€ζΈ€ηŒ€η€ηˆ€η”€ζŒ€η€ζ€€ζΌ€ζΈ€δ°€ζ€€ζΈ€ζ”€Δ€ οΌ€δŒ’δŒ€ζΌ€ζΈ€ηŒ€η€ηˆ€η”€ζŒ€η€ζ€€ζΌ€ζΈ€ε€€ζΌ€ζ€€ζΈ€η€ οΌ€δŒ†δŒ€η”€ηˆ€η˜€ζ”€Π€ οΌ€δŒδ€ζ”€ζ˜€ζ€€ζΈ€ζ€€η€ζ€€ζΌ€ζΈ€δ°€ζ€€ηŒ€η€ οΌ€δŒ„δ€ζ€€ζˆ€Μ€ οΌ€δŒŠδ€ζ€€ζ΄€ζ”€ζΈ€ηŒ€ζ€€ζΌ€ζΈ€Δ€ οΌ€δŒδ€ζ€€ζ΄€ζ”€
…

I hope it was fun, because otherwise it is nonsense :stuck_out_tongue: A sketchup file is binary and has no direct interpretation as characters!

1 Like