Creating / modifying keyboard shortcuts

I’d like to set a keyboard shortcut for Layer>Colour By Layer and to change the default ‘deselect all’ to something I’d prefer. I cannot find these commands anywhere in the shortcuts menu, am I missing something?

I also spotted Shortcutter (from SketchUcation). Is this compatible with SU Pro 2018?

I don’t know that you can set a keyboard shortcut for Color by Layer. It might be possible to write a plugin that could set Color by Layer and you could have a keyboard shortcut for that. One of the Ruby gurus could answer that question.

For Deselect all, look for Select None.

1 Like

Dohh. Of course! There’s no way it would be so logical as to be ‘Deselect All’, I mean why would it be!! :roll_eyes: Cheers

If it was, it wouldn’t match the Edit menu item. :smiley:

If you want a shortcut key to toggle display-color-by-layer on/off then you can install my extension [previously unpublished] but fully signed RBZ.
It adds a new command to the View menu.
You can then make a shortcut to run it quickly…
TIG-DisplayColorByLayer.rbz (2.3 KB)

3 Likes

Guys, thanks for the feedback and script. All super helpful. :+1:

1 Like

@TIG has provided you with a good solution for your problem, but maybe you’ll be interested in a SketchUp Extension I made called CompoScene.

Color by Layer is one of many rendering options you can quickly make with CompoScene… Check my topic in the following link:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.