Computer help for beginners

I’m sure this has been beat to death but I’m starting my own construction business and have played around on SU a fair amount using a MacBook Air. Needless to say it works but slows down and has issues with bigger jobs. I am looking at a new iMac but there are so many options I am overwhelmed. Remember this is just a tool for me not a career and I basically use the program for smaller mock-ups. I have it down to 3 IMacs in my budget. I know a lot of people are going to say macs are overpriced and you can get more computer with a different brand but I’ve always used macs and that’s what I like and what I know. So please keep those comments to yourself. The specs are;

1. Refurbished 2017 27”
    3.4ghz quadcore 7th gen i5
    8gb of 2400mhz ddr4 memory
    1tb fusion drive
    Radeon pro 570 w/ 4gb video memory
  2. Refurbished 2019 27”
    3.0 ghz 6 core 8th gen i5
    8gb of 2666mhz ddr4 memory
    1tb fusion drive
    Radeon pro 570x w/ 4gb of gddr5 memory
  3. Refurbished 2017 27”
    3.4ghz quadcore 7th gen i5
    8gb of 2400mhz ddr4 memory
    256gb ssd storage
    Radeon pro 570 w/ 4gb video memory

Your votes and why would help me understand this better. Thank you in advance

Since you’ll be using SketchUp Pro, you should see if whoever it is who has these computers available will let you install it and trial it for a little bit with some reasonably good sized models. You could get models from the 3D Warehouse to experiment with. See what you think of the performance you are seeing.

Apart from storage space all your options seem to me virtually identical. SketchUp is single threaded so for pure SketchUp use the number of processor cores doesn’t matter.

as an iMac user I would say go with the ssd as the fusion drives have had some issues…

I’d also avoid the latest macOS for a month or two…

the one I’m on now is early 2009 and runs SU v19.3 just fine, so longevity needs to be factored in…
john

And mine is late 2012 and also works fine. So any 2017 machine or later should do and I see they all have much the same video card, which is key.