Component keeps rotating to horizontal plane when moved

I imported a couple of cabinet doors I want to place on the face of a cabinet I made. Every time I move a door anywhere they rotate to the horizontal plane. I checked and the component is not glued to any plane. Why do these door keep flipping to the horizontal plane? How can I stop this from happening?

Thanks for any suggestions

could you post / load the door components

they maybe dynamic, or have amended axis

Thanks for the reply.
I can try, hope it comes through. In the mean time I played around with it a bit more. I separated one door and Exploded it completely and then Grouped it. After doing that I was able to move it without having it flip flat. But a new problem then appeared, I am unable to resize it using the Scale Tool. For example if I shrink the door the handle ends up off the door hanging in space. I also noticed that when I imported the original cabinet I wanted to extract these doors off of, it came in laying it’s back, which I though was very strange. Don’t know if that helps to make sense of this.
Wall_Double_Door_21Hx15D.skp (1.1 MB)

That is indeed a Dynamic Component. I’m not expert enough on DC’s to debug it, but that is very likely the source of your problems.

Yep… it’s a DC

If you are using SU Pro, you can remove or modify the DC attribute through the Component Attributes window.

CD

It’s nice to know what’s causing this. I know absolutely nothing about Dynamic Components. Perhaps I can find a few tutorials on that? In the meantime is there a simple way to convert the component so it’s not a Dynamic anymore? I just want a couple of good looking doors for the simple cabinet I made.
Thanks for helping me out with this.

Explode and regroup your objects should get rid of the dynamic attributes, just be aware if there’s several components nested into each other.

Explode the component and then immediately make all the still-selected pieces into a new component.

-Gully

Okay, @quantj, you got me.

I think you’ll have a lot more fun and learn a bit if you model your own doors.
Exploding the DC isn’t a really great solution when you look at what’s going to be left behind.
It’s an assembly of many components whose mating edges are hidden.
All those unnecessary edges will be left in the model.
That is, unless you care to pick through it erasing them.

Follow Me makes modeling doors like this easy.
Here’s an example using the profile from the DC in question.

RP Door.skp (138.5 KB)

Follow Me Tool

That’s an interesting tutorial, they make it look so easy. I opened your example and I figured out the first steps, but I’m not sure what you did in the last step where it looks cleaned up and smoother. What did you do there?
Thanks

Soften/ Smooth the edges.

Soften Edges Dialog Box — SketchUp Help

The Eraser Tool does that too.

Eraser Tool

Thanks for the tutorials and the advice. Using the Follow Me Tool I can see where making doors is going to be a lot easier than I ever imagined. The introduction to Dynamic Components is opening up many possibilities. I can see designing a door and then making multiple door sizes and finishes as drop down selections. Too cool!