Color changes when rendering with Render[In] is done

Hey, when im rendering a view in Sketchup Pro with Render[In] and i painted all of the walls black. Those walls changes to white because the back of the walls are white…

The only solution to this is to paint the front AND back of the walls to have the correct color when rendering but this has to be easier, can anyone help me please?

L. v. Dillen

build your walls with the front facing forward…
un-painted the front is white and the back is blueish-gray [in many of the Styles]

if you right-click a blueish-gray face, the option for ‘Reverse Faces’ will turn it white [that’s the front]

many renderers can only see front faces…

Aha. Thanks John! :smiley:

Some more tips:

• change the backface color in the style setting to a significantly different color (orange, lime, …)
  • Use the monochrome face style to identify wrong orientated faces
  • If you need to change a lot of face orientations and the orient faces context menu entry doesn’t work as expected, there are some plugins to automate this process a little bit (e. g. in FredoTools).

Do you know some good render programs who render what they see and not only front faces?

Why not correct the face orientations? They might bring other problems too…

hi guys, i need some help of experts here, i cant find the right setting for this or shall i change my Laptop. i think its not compatible such work of rendering…

If the rendering application works on your computer, its specs only affect rendering time. The final quality is dependent on your modelling, materials, lighting, etc…