Cheap laptop for sketchup

Good morning. I am from South Africa and I am using sketchup only for small designs, like building a cupboard or doing the layout of a room. Stuff like that. I’m Only using it occasionally for hobbies for myself. Therefor I’m using the free version. I want to buy a cheap laptop that would only be used for sketchup. I understand the Ram and memory part but the graphics card is totally Greek to me. Can someone please explain what I need and maybe what laptops will be suitable :face_with_peeking_eye:. I will greatly appreciate it.

Which free version? There is no free version of SketchUp 2019 unless you are using a cracked version. The current free version is web based but it is not 2019. The computer recommendation will hinge on the version of SketchUp you are using.

I’m sorry. It’s 2017. I don’t have my sons laptop (that I used to do sketchup on) with me so I thought it was 2019.

Will the Asus X515 with Intel Celeron N4020 prosessor, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD work?

https://help.sketchup.com/en/sketchup/system-requirements

To me the Asus sounds somewhat underpowered. You could take a look at what is available from the sellers of refurbished “professional” laptop computers. I would recommend something with an Nvidia graphics card.

1 Like

or gaming computers, even from a few years ago.
they have correct GPU and CPU, and even if a cheap one will come with a small amount of RAM, it’s upgradable.

if you want people to give you tips and help, you need to give a price range. you say cheap, there is 200$ cheap, or 800$ cheap. I’m teaching on a HP victus, couple years old, can be found at 700-750. it’s cheaper than the newer models (about 1000$) but more expensive than a 500$ machine.