I’m editing a model that I imported as an STL, and I’m 99% finished with it, but somehow there are a few extraneous faces in my model that I cannot delete without also deleting attached faces that I want to keep.
Here’s how I made this:
- Imported the STL from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2864118/files
- Deleted the parts I don’t want
- Magnified by 10x (to get around a common problem with SketchUp and tiny 3D models).
- Created a solid, and merged it with one of the models via Intersect Faces With Model.
- Deleted the faces I don’t want
Most of the unattached faces I could delete, but for some reason, these remaining ones are still part of the attached faces they came from. I tried drawing a line to separate the two faces, but it didn’t work.
Prusa_Enclosure_Bottom_Corners_Front_Slots.skp (300.4 KB)