Can anyone model realistic 3D plants?

Thanks Forester but monochrome didn’t help and I had to find a workaround to solve the problem.
I drew two equal rectangles and import on each my leaf as texture and reversed one, that made it and grouping each separately I was then able to fold my leaf, Yeah!
Resizing was also necessary and here is the result now:

So thanks again and if you want to have a wider look at my work with SketchUp:

1 Like

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I didn’t say to use monochrome.

When you import a png and it turns white after exploding, that’s what happens when the face style is set to monochrome. So I suggested you set it to “shaded with textures.”

I’m glad you figured out a workaround though! Also, I checked out you behance and you’re really talented. Your architectural models and art are amazing!

My wrong Forestr, I wrote monochrome meaning “shaded with texture”…but anyway I really tried but wasn’t successful.

Thanks for your kind words, it’s my pleasure to share!

Thank you GSTUDIOS :slight_smile:

Thanks for responding to my query Michael. Dynascape is not for me. Lovely render by the way :slight_smile:

Oops, I forgot to thank you for the link Eric.It does look promising, cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work Forestr!
How adding about the bloom?

Thanks!
I was searching for that.
Greetings

1 Like

Hello, i am new to 3d modeling. I don’t use sketchup(I use blender 3d, but posting here even i believe is more relevant than blender forum in which I did as well), but I believe some of you as designers working on plant architecture could give some good advice.

Maybie some of tou are working in modeling for plant architecture or had some ocasional projects, or maybie you know someone who does?

I am interested in creating models for plant architecture designers to use in their visualisations. I do understand that models have to be realistic, yet not over detailed. I am trying to grasp the balance before going into wrong direction.
My questions:

How detailed plants should be?As it is possibly the flower won’t be viewed as a single flower rather than a part of composition?(any visual examples are appreciated)
Is using a lot shaders and particlem.s/normal maps on model make programs you use use work slow or crash? Is this kind of hyperrealism unnecessary?

Any insight will be helpful…

This thread is amazing, one day when I have more time I will try to follow these instructions to model some plants.

Hello,
I am looking for an update on the SUPlants project. Primarily the current status of the company, as well as the product, and/or extension’s functionality.
Also, if you have any more information about the other members of your team who helped bring SUPlants to market, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.