Blocks electrical symbols / architectural details

Hi
Could anyone let me know what’s the best site to down load blocks either free or paid.
I would like various blocks including uk electrical symbols / architectural details.

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Well two option are

1. import 2d Autocad drawings of typical symbols and then organise them into SU components…

2. search 3D warehouse for similar objects… searching is a bit hit and miss there but if you are patient there is a good chance what you need exists there…

1 Like

I am not sure if there are any universally accepted symbols for electrical points. I have seen all sorts. But the thing to remember is that they are generally 2D symbols and not necessarily to scale. So I consider them inappropriate to Sketchup. What I have done is to create my own library in Layout and that is where I put them on the plans. They look like this:

2 Likes

Thank you, I will give it a go.

There are recognised symbals, however, as long as you supply a key then I expect it would do the trick.

thank you

1 Like

Yes, I have the key on another scrapbook page:

1 Like

Curious How many People use 3D components with 2D Symbols for Power Plans and RCPs

Elec Outlet x2.skp (45.6 KB)
Screenshot 2021-11-11 235147

1 Like

Yes I do this occasionally with my own library of custom components. However, it is a lot of work especially when locations for points are not necessarily 100% decided upon. Most of the time elec symbols are placed directly into Layout docs from scrapbook. Depends on the demands of the job.
I typically put the 3D components in to the model when it is necessary to show the points on interior elevations etc.